Table of Contents
Craft beer is becoming increasingly popular, and many people are looking for ways to get their hands on a keg of it. Whether you’re hosting a party or just want to stock up on your favorite brews, getting a keg of craft beer is a great way to do it. In this guide, we’ll discuss the different ways you can get a keg of craft beer, including ordering from a brewery, buying from a beer distributor, and renting from a bar or restaurant. We’ll also provide tips on how to store and serve your keg of craft beer. With the right information, you’ll be able to get a keg of craft beer and enjoy it with friends and family.
How to Choose the Right Keg of Craft Beer for Your Event
When planning an event, selecting the right keg of craft beer can be a daunting task. With so many options available, it can be difficult to know which type of beer will best suit your guests’ tastes. To ensure that your event is a success, here are some tips for choosing the right keg of craft beer.
First, consider the type of event you are hosting. Different types of events call for different types of beer. For example, a casual backyard barbecue may be best suited for a light lager, while a more formal gathering may require a more robust craft beer.
Second, consider the preferences of your guests. If you know that your guests prefer a certain type of beer, such as an IPA or a stout, then you should select a keg of that type of beer. If you are unsure of your guests’ preferences, then you may want to select a variety of beers, such as a pale ale, a lager, and a wheat beer.
Third, consider the size of your event. If you are hosting a large event, then you may want to select a larger keg, such as a half-barrel or a full-barrel. If you are hosting a smaller event, then you may want to select a smaller keg, such as a quarter-barrel or a sixth-barrel.
Finally, consider the cost of the keg. Craft beer can be expensive, so it is important to select a keg that fits within your budget. If you are hosting a large event, then you may want to select a larger keg, as it will provide more beer for your guests.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you select the right keg of craft beer for your event. With the right selection, your guests will be sure to enjoy the beer and your event will be a success.
The Benefits of Buying a Keg of Craft Beer for Your Home Bar
Having a home bar can be a great way to entertain guests and enjoy a few drinks in the comfort of your own home. One of the best ways to stock your home bar is to buy a keg of craft beer. There are many benefits to buying a keg of craft beer for your home bar, including convenience, cost savings, and variety.
Convenience is one of the main benefits of buying a keg of craft beer for your home bar. Kegs are easy to store and transport, and they can be tapped and ready to serve in minutes. This makes it easy to keep your home bar stocked with fresh beer without having to constantly buy individual bottles or cans.
Cost savings is another benefit of buying a keg of craft beer for your home bar. Kegs are usually much cheaper than buying individual bottles or cans, so you can save money while still enjoying a variety of craft beers.
Finally, buying a keg of craft beer for your home bar allows you to enjoy a variety of beers. Kegs come in a variety of sizes, so you can choose the size that best fits your needs. This allows you to enjoy a variety of craft beers without having to buy multiple bottles or cans.
Overall, buying a keg of craft beer for your home bar is a great way to save money, enjoy a variety of beers, and keep your home bar stocked with fresh beer. With the convenience and cost savings that come with buying a keg of craft beer, it is an excellent choice for any home bar.
Tips for Storing and Serving a Keg of Craft Beer
1. Store the Keg in a Cool Place: It is important to store the keg of craft beer in a cool place, such as a basement or a refrigerator. This will help to ensure that the beer stays fresh and flavorful.
2. Keep the Keg Upright: When storing the keg, make sure to keep it upright. This will help to prevent the beer from becoming flat and losing its flavor.
3. Clean the Keg Before Serving: Before serving the beer, make sure to clean the keg. This will help to ensure that the beer is free of any bacteria or other contaminants.
4. Use a Keg Tap: When serving the beer, make sure to use a keg tap. This will help to ensure that the beer is properly carbonated and that it is served at the correct temperature.
5. Serve the Beer in Clean Glasses: When serving the beer, make sure to use clean glasses. This will help to ensure that the beer tastes its best and that it is free of any contaminants.
6. Keep the Keg Refrigerated: After serving the beer, make sure to keep the keg refrigerated. This will help to ensure that the beer stays fresh and flavorful for longer.
7. Enjoy Responsibly: Finally, make sure to enjoy the beer responsibly. This will help to ensure that everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience.
The Best Places to Buy a Keg of Craft Beer
1. Local Breweries: Many local breweries offer kegs of craft beer for purchase. This is a great option for those looking for a wide selection of craft beer, as well as the freshest beer available. Additionally, many breweries offer discounts for purchasing kegs in bulk.
2. Online Retailers: There are a number of online retailers that specialize in selling kegs of craft beer. These retailers often have a wide selection of craft beers from around the world, and they can be shipped directly to your door.
3. Liquor Stores: Many liquor stores carry kegs of craft beer. This is a great option for those looking for a more convenient way to purchase craft beer. Additionally, many liquor stores offer discounts for purchasing kegs in bulk.
4. Beer Distributors: Beer distributors are a great option for those looking for a wide selection of craft beer. Distributors often have access to a variety of craft beers from around the world, and they can be shipped directly to your door.
5. Homebrew Supply Stores: Homebrew supply stores are a great option for those looking to purchase kegs of craft beer. These stores often have a wide selection of craft beers, as well as the necessary equipment for brewing your own beer.
How to Tap and Dispense a Keg of Craft Beer
Tapping and dispensing a keg of craft beer is a relatively simple process that requires a few basic tools and supplies. To begin, you will need a keg of craft beer, a keg coupler, a CO2 tank, a regulator, a gas line, a beer line, and a faucet.
First, attach the keg coupler to the top of the keg. Make sure the coupler is securely attached and that the handle is in the up position. Next, attach the gas line to the regulator and then to the keg coupler. Turn the regulator knob to the desired pressure and attach the CO2 tank to the regulator.
Once the gas line is connected, attach the beer line to the keg coupler. Make sure the beer line is securely attached and that the handle is in the down position. Finally, attach the faucet to the beer line.
Now that the keg is tapped and ready to dispense, you can begin pouring your craft beer. To do this, open the faucet and allow the beer to flow. Make sure to pour the beer slowly and steadily to avoid foaming.
Once you have finished pouring, close the faucet and disconnect the gas line from the keg coupler. This will stop the flow of CO2 and prevent the beer from becoming over-carbonated.
Finally, store the keg in a cool, dark place and enjoy your craft beer!
1. Where can I buy a keg of craft beer?
You can purchase a keg of craft beer from a local brewery, a beer distributor, or a liquor store.
2. How much does a keg of craft beer cost?
The cost of a keg of craft beer varies depending on the type of beer and the size of the keg. Generally, a full-size keg of craft beer can cost anywhere from $100 to $200.
3. What size keg should I buy?
The size of the keg you should buy depends on the size of your party and how much beer you plan to serve. A full-size keg holds about 15.5 gallons of beer, which is equivalent to about 165 12-ounce beers.
4. Do I need any special equipment to tap a keg?
Yes, you will need a keg tap and a CO2 tank to properly tap a keg.
5. How long will a keg of craft beer stay fresh?
A keg of craft beer will stay fresh for up to 6 weeks if it is properly stored and tapped.
Getting a keg of craft beer is a great way to enjoy a variety of flavors and styles of beer. It is important to research the laws and regulations in your area to ensure that you are following the proper procedures for purchasing and transporting a keg. Additionally, it is important to consider the size of the keg and the type of beer you would like to purchase. With the right information and preparation, you can easily get a keg of craft beer and enjoy it with friends and family.